Philodendron billietiae Variegata
Philodendron Billietiae is a rare species recently discovered (1995). The variegated Philodrendron Billietiae is a masterpiece!
Why Choose the Variegated Philodendron Billietiae?
- Exquisite Variegation: Each leaf is a unique masterpiece of green, cream, and sometimes even pink hues.
- Highly Exclusive: This plant is a collector's dream, available in limited quantities due to its rare genetic variegation.
- Unbeatable Aesthetic: The splashes of colors on the elongated leaves create an extraordinary visual impact.
- Investment Piece: Due to its rarity, this plant is an investment that appreciates over time, increasing in both size and monetary value.
- Long, Striking Leaves: The elongated, lance-shaped leaves can reach up to 3 feet in length.
- Easy to Care For: This low-maintenance houseplant is perfect for beginners and busy plant parents alike.
Philodendron Billietiae. Known for its elongated leaves and vibrant green color, this tropical beauty will transform any corner into an exotic paradise.
- Ideal: Bright, indirect sunlight to bring out the variegation.
- Tolerance: Can tolerate low light but thrives in moderate to bright conditions.
- Water Frequency: Water when the top inch of soil is dry to the touch.
- Overwatering: Avoid as it can lead to root rot.
- Optimal: 70-80°F (18-27°C). will adapt to the average household conditions.
- Tolerance: Not frost-resistant; keep away from drafts and sudden temperature changes.
Soil Type: Well-draining potting media. See our Earth's Core soilless Potting Media (chunky mix)
- Frequency: Monthly during growing season (Spring and Summer).
- Type: Balanced houseplant or slow realease fertilizer.
- Pruning the lower leaves can encourage more vertical growth.
- Display it in a hanging basket or let it climb a moss pole for an even more dramatic look.
HOW TO GROW:
Grow Philodendron Billietiae in a medium or bright-light spot.
Water philodendrons only when the soil dries out. Take care not to overwater, which can lead to root rot.
Fertilize in the spring and summer with a general-purpose houseplant fertilizer or slow release. (Follow the directions on the fertilizer packaging to know how much fertilizer to use and how often to apply it.)
Philodendrons also appreciate warm humid temperatures so make sure to protect them from cold drafts. Like many aroids, they need above-average humidity to do their best, but can acclimate to other conditions.
Philodendrons are not for human or animal consumption.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
See our Store Policies.
Plant ships in a nursery pot; decorative pot is not included.
USPS and UPS are our preferred carriers.
Heat packs and complete winter protection are available for purchase. They can be added to the order (filter by 'winter protection.") Heat packs should be purchased if you are experiencing cold or freezing temperatures. Please ensure that you will be available to receive your plant if you are experiencing cold temperatures. Heat packs only protect your plant in transit, not for extended periods.
See Shipping Policies for our shipping schedule.